Effective estate planning involves more than drafting a Will; it must include careful consideration of your family situation, assets, end-of-life decisions, and potential tax considerations. The Estate Planning attorneys at Fraser Stryker assist Nebraska’s families and individuals with all aspects of estate planning, probate, and trust administration.
We understand the importance of protecting your family’s future, which is why we take time to learn about you, your assets, your income, investments, and other important details to customize an approach to achieve your goals in a tax-efficient manner. After carefully examining all aspects of your estate, we tap into a range of tools to design a comprehensive estate plan that best suits you and your beneficiaries.
Our strategic estate planning services include:
- Last Wills
- Testamentary trusts and revocable living trusts (inter vivos trusts)
- Irrevocable trusts and dynasty trusts
- Life insurance trust planning
- Income, estate, gift, and generation-skipping transfer tax planning (e.g. SLATs, IDGTs, GRATs, CRUTs, CRATS, etc.)
- Establishment of private charitable foundations
- Business succession and transfer planning
- Financial and medical powers of attorney
- Living wills (advanced medical directives)
- Guardianships and conservatorships
The Firm’s collaborative team approach means that we have access to attorneys with experience in taxation, banking, finance, business succession planning, and real estate. This allows us to create legal solutions that protect your current wealth, minimize estate tax consequences for your family, and swiftly transfer your assets onto the next generation upon your passing.
Complete Probate, Estate & Trust Administration Services
After a loved one has passed, our attorneys assist family members with all aspects of the probate and trust administration process. We deliver strong representation in probate court with our extensive experience administering estates and advising personal representatives/executors, trustees and other fiduciaries.
The trust and estate administration processes can be highly complicated, especially for families with significant wealth, business assets, or agricultural investments. During a time of grief, we strive to provide peace of mind, knowing your trust or estate is being handled with skill and care. Counseling personal representatives/executors and trustees, our attorneys work to make the legal transition of assets as stress-free as possible. We work closely with members of our tax planning group to ensure the trust is taking full advantage of tax benefits and adhering to all applicable federal and state tax laws.
Our sophisticated estate/trust administration services include:
- Advising personal representatives/executors and trustees and keeping beneficiaries informed
- Inventory, appraisal, and distribution of estate or trust assets
- Preparation and filing of federal and state death tax returns
- Closing of accounts and paying debts
- Transferring titles and business succession transfers
- Trust and estate litigation
Regardless of our role in the trust and estate administration process, we work to uphold your best interests and defend your rights.